Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to acceptor: acceptor circuit
1. also ac·cept·er One who signs a draft or bill of exchange.
2. Chemistry An atom that accepts or incorporates a part from a donor, especially an atom that incorporates electrons to form a bond with another atom.
1. (Banking & Finance) commerce the person or organization on which a draft or bill of exchange is drawn after liability has been accepted, usually by signature
2. (Electronics) electronics Also called: acceptor impurity an impurity, such as gallium, added to a semiconductor material to increase its p-type conductivity by increasing the number of holes in the semiconductor. Compare donor5
3. (Electronics) electronics a circuit tuned to accept a particular frequency
4. (Chemistry) chem the atom or group that accepts electrons in a coordinate bond
1. one that accepts; accepter.
2. a person who acccepts for payment a draft or bill of exchange.
3. an atom that receives a pair of electrons to form a chemical bond.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||acceptor - (chemistry) in the formation of a coordinate bond it is the compound to which electrons are donated|
chemical science, chemistry - the science of matter; the branch of the natural sciences dealing with the composition of substances and their properties and reactions
|2.||acceptor - the person (or institution) who accepts a check or draft and becomes responsible for paying the party named in the draft when it matures|
drawee - the person (or bank) who is expected to pay a check or draft when it is presented for payment