Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
ac·cou·tre·mentor ac·cou·ter·ment (ə-ko͞o′trə-mənt, -tər-)
1. often accoutrements An accessory item of equipment or dress.
2. often accoutrements Military equipment other than uniforms and weapons.
3. accoutrements Outward forms of recognition; trappings: cathedral ceilings, heated swimming pools, and other accoutrements signaling great wealth.
4. Archaic The act of accoutring.
accoutrement(əˈkuːtrəmənt; əˈkuːtə-) or
1. (Military) military equipment worn by soldiers in addition to their clothing and weapons
2. (Military) (usually plural) clothing, equipment, etc; trappings: the correct accoutrements for any form of sport.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||accoutrement - clothing that is worn or carried, but not part of your main clothing|
belt - a band to tie or buckle around the body (usually at the waist)
article of clothing, clothing, habiliment, wearable, vesture, wear - a covering designed to be worn on a person's body