Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Idioms, Wikipedia.
1. Known by or familiar with another.
2. Informed or familiar: Are you fully acquainted with the facts?
1. (sometimes foll by with) on terms of familiarity but not intimacy
2. (foll by with) having knowledge or experience (of); familiar (with)
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||acquainted - having fair knowledge of; "they were acquainted"; "fully acquainted with the facts"|
familiar - well known or easily recognized; "a familiar figure"; "familiar songs"; "familiar guests"
1. familiar with, aware of, in on, experienced in, conscious of, informed of, alive to, privy to, knowledgeable about, versed in, conversant with, apprised of, cognizant of, up to speed with, au fait with, switched-on about (informal) He was well acquainted with European literature.
2. known to, familiar with, friendly with, on good terms with No-one acquainted with them was allowed to talk to the Press.