Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial.
1. Including or applying to all categories or members: an across-the-board pay hike; an across-the-board ruling.
2. Of or being a racing wager whereby equal amounts are bet on the same contestant to win, place, and show.
1. (of salary increases, taxation cuts, etc) affecting all levels or classes equally
2. (Horse Racing) horse racing the US term for each way
1. applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: an across-the-board pay increase.
2. (of a bet in a horse race) covering win, place, and show.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||across-the-board - broad in scope or content; "across-the-board pay increases"; "an all-embracing definition"; "blanket sanctions against human-rights violators"; "an invention with broad applications"; "a panoptic study of Soviet nationality"- T.G.Winner; "granted him wide powers"|
all-embracing, all-encompassing, all-inclusive, blanket, encompassing, extensive, panoptic, wide, broad
comprehensive - including all or everything; "comprehensive coverage"; "a comprehensive history of the revolution"; "a comprehensive survey"; "a comprehensive education"