References in periodicals archive ?
Melatonin also counteracts stress and is a powerful adaptogen due to its ability to suppress the release of cortisol.
Natreon's Sensoril (Withania somnifera), also known as Ashwagandha in Ayurveda, is a potent adaptogen used to promote health and longevity by augmenting the body's defense mechanisms against disease, arresting the aging process, revitalizing the body in debilitated conditions, and creating a sense of well-being, the company said.
Historically, the term adaptogen (phytoadaptogen) derived from an extensive survey and screening of active substances of botanical origin during 1960-1980 in USSR.
Categorized as an adaptogen, an herb that restores and rejuvenates the body, ginseng helps increase physical endurance, reduce fatigue, mitigate the harmful effects of stress, and aid in lowering cholesterol.
Ashwagandha, also known as Indian ginseng or Withania somnifera, is considered the foremost adaptogen in Ayurvedic medicine.
The Sanskrit name guduchi means one that protects the body from illnesses, providing the description of rejuvenator or adaptogen (Kennedy 2009).
Agnus castus is one of the most important you can take at the menopause because it works as an adaptogen, generally balancing all hormone production.
An exotic Indian herb used for thousands of years in Ayurvedic medicine and other Asian healing systems to treat sties& ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), also known as winter cherry, is considered by modem scientists to be an adaptogen (a natural herb that increases the body's resistance to stress, trauma, anxiety, and fatigue).
A coveted supplement in the diet of Russian athletes for centuries, the natural adaptogen can only grow in rare arctic regions and, until now, was one of the botanical world's best-kept secrets.
The word adaptogen is used by herbalists to refer to a natural herb product that increases the body's resistance to stresses such as trauma, anxiety and bodily fatigue.
For kaphas, Rhodiola rosea is a powerful adaptogen that invigorates and stimulates those who have lost their stamina while allaying fatigue and depression.
Much of the Soviet research on the herb remains untranslated or locked away because authorities considered adaptogen research a "top military secret," Ramazanov maintained before his death last year.
Dictionary browser ?
- adapter card
- adaptive immune response
- adaptive immune system
- adaptive immunity
- adaptive optics
- adaptive radiation
- Adar Rishon
- Adar Sheni
- add on
- add to
- add together
- add up
- Addams Charles Samuel
- Addams Jane
Full browser ?
- Adaptive-Buffer Rate Control
- adaptive-control function
- Adaptive-Reference Echo Cancellation
- Adaptive-Response-Rate Single Exponential Smoothing
- Adaptive-Subspace Growing Cell Structures
- Adaptive-Subspace Self-Organizing Map
- Adaptive-Template Movement
- Adaptive-Transform-Excited Linear Prediction
- Adaptive/Automatic Beamforming
- Adaptively Controlled Beam Facing
- Adaptively Weighted Vector-Median Filter
- Adaptivität und Benutzermodellierung in Interaktiven Softwaresystemen
- Adaptivity and Personalization in Ubiquitous Learning Systems
- Adaptivity and User Modeling in Interactive Systems
- Adaptivity, Wavelets & Finite Differences
- Adapton Sleep
- Adapton Sleep
- Adaptor Australia
- adaptor complex sigma3B
- Adaptor hypothesis
- Adaptor molecules
- Adaptor protein
- Adaptor protein
- Adaptor Protein 2
- Adaptor Protein 3
- Adaptor Protein Complex 1
- Adaptor protein complex AP-1 mu-1 subunit
- Adaptor protein complex AP-1 mu-2 subunit
- Adaptor protein complex AP-1 sigma-1A subunit
- Adaptor protein complex AP-1 sigma-1C subunit