grooming(redirected from add/drop multiplexer)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
1. A person employed to take care of horses or a stable.
2. A man who is about to be married or has recently been married.
3. One of several officers in an English royal household.
a. A man.
b. A male servant.
v. groomed, groom·ing, grooms
1. To care for the appearance of; to make neat and trim: groomed himself carefully in front of the mirror.
2. To clean and brush (an animal).
3. To remove dirt and parasites from the skin, fur, or feathers of (another animal).
4. To prepare, as for a specific position or purpose: groom an employee for advancement.
5. Sports To prepare (terrain) for participants in a sport, as by packing down new snow and leveling moguls for skiers.
To care for one's appearance.
[Middle English grom. N., sense 2, short for bridegroom.]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||grooming - activity leading to skilled behavior|
activity - any specific behavior; "they avoided all recreational activity"
athletic training - the course of practice and exercise and diet undertaken by an athlete
discipline - training to improve strength or self-control
drill - (military) the training of soldiers to march (as in ceremonial parades) or to perform the manual of arms
practice session, practice, drill, exercise, recitation - systematic training by multiple repetitions; "practice makes perfect"
military training - training soldiers in military procedures
retraining - training for a new occupation
schooling - the training of an animal (especially the training of a horse for dressage)
toilet training - training a young child to use the toilet
|2.||grooming - the activity of getting dressed; putting on clothes|
covering - the act of protecting something by covering it
investment - the act of putting on robes or vestments
primping - careful or finicky grooming; "the primping alone took more than an hour"