Aegean(redirected from aegeanly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Of or relating to the Aegean Sea.
2. Of or relating to the Bronze Age civilization that flourished in the area of the Aegean Sea, as at Crete.
1. (Placename) of or relating to the Aegean Sea or Islands
2. (Placename) of or relating to the Bronze Age civilization of Greece, Asia Minor, and the Aegean Islands
1. of or pertaining to the Aegean Sea or Islands.
2. of or pertaining to the prehistoric civilization of the regions of the Aegean Sea, as at Crete and Argolis.n.
3. Aegean Sea.
[< Latin Aegae(us) (< Greek Aigaîos) + -an1]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Aegean - an arm of the Mediterranean between Greece and Turkey; a main trade route for the ancient civilizations of Crete and Greece and Rome and Persia|
Aegean island - an island in the Aegean Sea
Lemnos, Limnos - a Greek island in the northern Aegean Sea; famous for a reddish-brown clay that has medicinal properties
|Adj.||1.||Aegean - of or relating to or characteristic of the prehistoric Aegean civilization|
|2.||Aegean - of or relating to or bordering the Aegean Sea; "Aegean islands"|