Alexandrian(redirected from alexandrianly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Of or relating to Alexander the Great: the Alexandrian conquests.
2. Of or relating to Alexandria, Egypt.
3. Of, characteristic of, or belonging to a learned school of Hellenistic literature, science, and philosophy located at Alexandria in the last three centuries bc.
1. (Placename) of or relating to Alexander the Great
2. (Historical Terms) of or relating to Alexandria in Egypt
3. (Historical Terms) relating to the Hellenistic philosophical, literary, and scientific ideas that flourished in Alexandria in the last three centuries bc
4. (Literary & Literary Critical Terms) (of writers, literary works, etc) erudite and imitative rather than original or creative
(Placename) a native or inhabitant of Alexandria
Al•ex•an•dri•an(ˌæl ɪgˈzæn dri ən, -ˈzɑn-)
1. of or pertaining to Alexandria, esp. Alexandria, Egypt.
3. of or pertaining to Alexander the Great or the period of his rule.n.
4. a native or resident of Alexandria, esp. Alexandria, Egypt.