Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to amuck: Run amuck
a·muck(ə-mŭk′) also a·mok (ə-mŭk′, ə-mŏk′)
1. In a frenzy to do violence or kill: rioters running amuck in the streets.
2. In or into a jumbled or confused state: The plans went amuck.
3. In or into an uncontrolled state or a state of extreme activity: "This jam-packed area of Honolulu has come to stand for tourist development run amok" (Ila Stanger).
Crazed with murderous frenzy: amuck troops.
a variant of amok
1. mad with murderous frenzy.n.
3. run or go amuck or amok,Idiom.
a. to rush about in a murderous frenzy.
b. to go or rush about wildly; be out of control.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||amuck - frenzied as if possessed by a demon; "the soldier was completely amuck"; "berserk with grief"; "a berserk worker smashing windows"|
insane - afflicted with or characteristic of mental derangement; "was declared insane"; "insane laughter"
|Adv.||1.||amuck - wildly; without self-control; "when the restaurant caught fire the patrons ran amuck, blocking the exit"|
|2.||amuck - in a murderous frenzy; "rioters running amuck and throwing sticks and bottles and stones"|