connector(redirected from anterior palatal major connector)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
v. con·nect·ed, con·nect·ing, con·nects
1. To join or fasten together: a bridge that connects the island with the mainland.
2. To associate or consider as related: no reason to connect the two events. See Synonyms at join.
3. To join to or by means of a communications circuit: Please connect me to the number in San Diego. Her computer is connected to the internet.
4. To plug in (an electrical cord or device) to an outlet.
1. To become joined or united: two streams connecting to form a river.
2. To be scheduled so as to provide continuing service, as between airplanes or buses.
3. To establish a rapport or relationship; relate: The candidate failed to connect with the voters.
4. Sports To hit or play a ball or puck successfully: The winger connected for two goals.
connect the dots
1. To draw connecting lines between a seemingly random arrangement of numbered dots so as to produce a picture or design.
2. To draw logical inferences connecting items of information to reveal something previously hidden or unknown.
[Middle English connecten, from Latin cōnectere, connectere : cō-, com-, com- + nectere, to bind; see ned- in Indo-European roots.]
con·nect′i·ble, con·nect′a·ble adj.
con·nec′tor, con·nect′er n.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||connector - an instrumentality that connects; "he soldered the connection"; "he didn't have the right connector between the amplifier and the speakers"|
backbone - the part of a network that connects other networks together; "the backbone is the part of a communication network that carries the heaviest traffic"
earth, ground - a connection between an electrical device and a large conducting body, such as the earth (which is taken to be at zero voltage)
hitch - a connection between a vehicle and the load that it pulls
hookup - a device providing a connection between a power source and a user; "some campsites have electrical hookups for trailers"
instrumentation, instrumentality - an artifact (or system of artifacts) that is instrumental in accomplishing some end
jumper - a small connector used to make temporary electrical connections
slip ring - connection consisting of a metal ring on a rotating part of a machine; provides a continuous electrical connection through brushes on stationary contacts