Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Wikipedia.
Related to appointee: Appointer
1. One who is appointed, as to an office or position.
2. Law One to whom a power of appointment of property is granted.
1. a person who is appointed
2. (Law) property law a person to whom property is granted under a power of appointment
ap•point•ee(ə pɔɪnˈti, ˌæp ɔɪnˈti)
1. a person who is appointed.
2. a beneficiary under a legal appointment.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||appointee - an official who is appointed|
|2.||appointee - a person who is appointed to a job or position|