Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Relating to or resembling a tree.
2. Living in trees; arboreal.
3. Having many trees; wooded.
1. (Forestry) thickly wooded; having many trees
2. (Forestry) another word for arborescent
ar•bo•re•ous(ɑrˈbɔr i əs, -ˈboʊr-)
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||arboreous - inhabiting or frequenting trees; "arboreal apes"|
|2.||arboreous - abounding in trees; "an arboreous landscape"; "violets in woodsy shady spots"; "a woody area near the highway"|
wooded - covered with growing trees and bushes etc; "wooded land"; "a heavily wooded tract"
|3.||arboreous - resembling a tree in form and branching structure; "arborescent coral found off the coast of Bermuda"; "dendriform sponges"|
arborescent, arboresque, arboriform, dendriform, dendroid, dendroidal, treelike, tree-shaped, arboreal
branchy - having many branches; "a branchy tree trunk"