Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
Related to Arcadian: Acadian
1. Of or relating to the ancient Greek region of Arcadia or its people, language, or culture.
2. often arcadian Rustic, peaceful, and simple; pastoral: a country life of arcadian contentment.
1. A native or inhabitant of the ancient Greek region of Arcadia.
2. often arcadian One who leads or prefers a simple, rural life.
3. The dialect of ancient Greek used in Arcadia.
1. (Poetry) of or relating to Arcadia or its inhabitants, esp the idealized Arcadia of pastoral poetry
2. (Placename) of or relating to Arcadia or its inhabitants, esp the idealized Arcadia of pastoral poetry
3. (Peoples) of or relating to Arcadia or its inhabitants, esp the idealized Arcadia of pastoral poetry
4. rustic or bucolic: a life of Arcadian simplicity.
5. (Peoples) an inhabitant of Arcadia
6. a person who leads or prefers a quiet simple rural life
Ar•ca•di•an(ɑrˈkeɪ di ən)
1. of or pertaining to Arcadia.
2. suggesting simple, innocent contentment.n.
3. a native or inhabitant of Arcadia.
4. the dialect of ancient Greek spoken in Arcadia.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Arcadian - an inhabitant of Arcadia|
Arcadia - a department of Greece in the central Peloponnese
|Adj.||1.||arcadian - (used with regard to idealized country life) idyllically rustic; "a country life of arcadian contentment"; "a pleasant bucolic scene"; "charming in its pastoral setting"; "rustic tranquility"|
rural - living in or characteristic of farming or country life; "rural people"; "large rural households"; "unpaved rural roads"; "an economy that is basically rural"