Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
n. (used with a sing. verb)
1. The science of architecture.
2. Structural design: the architectonics of a fugue.
3. Philosophy The scientific systematization of knowledge.
n (functioning as singular)
1. (Architecture) the science of architecture
2. (Philosophy) metaphysics the scientific classification of knowledge
ar•chi•tec•ton•ics(ˌær kɪ tɛkˈtɒn ɪks)
n. (used with a sing. v.)
the science of planning and constructing buildings.
structural design, especially of a work of art, as a painting or piece of music. See also philosophy.See also: Art
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||architectonics - the science of architecture |
science, scientific discipline - a particular branch of scientific knowledge; "the science of genetics"
architecture - the discipline dealing with the principles of design and construction and ornamentation of fine buildings; "architecture and eloquence are mixed arts whose end is sometimes beauty and sometimes use"