arrayed(redirected from arrayedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
tr.v. ar·rayed, ar·ray·ing, ar·rays
1. To set out for display or use; place in an orderly arrangement: arrayed the whole regiment on the parade ground.
2. To dress, especially in fine clothes; adorn.
1. An orderly, often imposing arrangement: an array of royal jewels.
2. An impressively large number, as of persons or objects: an array of heavily armed troops; an array of spare parts.
3. Splendid attire; fine clothing.
a. A rectangular arrangement of quantities in rows and columns, as in a matrix.
b. Numerical data linearly ordered by magnitude.
5. An arrangement of usually identical devices, often sensors, that function as a unit: an array of solar panels.
6. Computers A group of memory elements accessed by one or more indices.
1. set out on display
2. (Chemistry) arranged in order
3. (Mathematics) arranged in order
4. (Military) military formal drawn up; marshalled
5. literary dressed, clad
6. to be arrayed against formal to be opposed to
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||arrayed - in ceremonial attire and paraphernalia; "professors arrayed in robes"|