Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
1. A missile having a straight thin shaft with a pointed head at one end and often flight-stabilizing vanes at the other, meant to be shot from a bow.
2. Something, such as a directional symbol, that is similar to an arrow in form or function.
v. arrowed, arrow·ing, arrows
To move like an arrow.
To shoot with an arrow: arrowed a deer.
[Middle English arwe, from Old English.]
1. (Clothing & Fashion) having an arrow pattern or wearing clothing with an arrow pattern
2. (Archery) having arrows
3. (Arms & Armour (excluding Firearms)) stabbed or punctured with arrows
4. (Arms & Armour (excluding Firearms)) resembling an arrow or depicted like an arrow