Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to asthenic: hypersthenic, asthenic habitus, Asthenic personality disorder
1. Relating to or exhibiting asthenia; weak.
2. Having a slender, lightly muscled physique.
A person having such a physique.
1. (Pathology) of, relating to, or having asthenia; weak
2. (Psychology) (in constitutional psychology) referring to a physique characterized by long limbs and a small trunk: claimed to be associated with a schizoid personality. See also somatotype
a person having long limbs and a small trunk
1. of, pertaining to, or characterized by asthenia; weak.
2. pertaining to or having a spare or slender physique with little muscularity; ectomorphic.
[1780–90; < Greek]