aubade(redirected from aubades)
1. A song or instrumental composition concerning, accompanying, or evoking daybreak.
2. A poem or song of or about lovers separating at dawn.
1. (Poetry) a song or poem appropriate to or greeting the dawn
2. (Music, other) a song or poem appropriate to or greeting the dawn
3. (Classical Music) a romantic or idyllic prelude or overture
[C19: from French, from Old Provençal aubada (unattested), from auba dawn, ultimately from Latin albus white]
music suitable to greeting the dawn or the morning.
[1670–80; < French, Middle French]
A poem that greets or evokes the dawn.