Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to auricular: Auricular therapy, auricular fibrillation, Auricular acupuncture
1. Of or relating to the sense of hearing or the organs of hearing.
2. Perceived by or spoken into the ear: an auricular confession.
3. Shaped like an ear or an earlobe; having earlike parts or extensions.
4. Of or relating to an auricle of the heart: auricular fibrillation.
[Middle English auriculer, spoken into the ear, from Late Latin auriculāris, from Latin auricula, ear; see auricle.]
1. (Physiology) of, relating to, or received by the sense or organs of hearing; aural
2. shaped like an ear
3. (Anatomy) of or relating to an auricle of the heart
4. (Zoology) (of feathers) occurring in tufts surrounding the ears of owls and similar birds
(Zoology) (usually plural) an auricular feather
au•ric•u•lar(ɔˈrɪk yə lər)
1. pertaining to the ear or to hearing; aural.
2. perceived by or addressed to the ear; made in private.
3. dependent on hearing; understood or known by hearing.
4. resembling an ear.n.
5. Usu., auriculars. the feathers that cover a bird's ear.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||auricular - of or relating to near the ear|
|2.||auricular - relating to or perceived by or shaped like the organ of hearing; "my apprehension of words is auricular; I must hear what I read"- George Santayana; "an auricular confession"; "an auricular appendage"|
|3.||auricular - pertaining to an auricle of the heart; "auricular fibrillation"|
a. aural, auricular.
1. rel. al sentido del oído;
2. rel. a una aurícula del corazón.