autogenous(redirected from autogenous tissue graft)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
au·tog·e·nous(ô-tŏj′ə-nəs) also au·to·gen·ic (ô′tə-jĕn′ĭk)
1. Produced from within; self-generating.
2. Medicine Originating with the individual to whom applied: an autogenous graft; an autogenous vaccine.
1. (Physiology) originating within the body. Compare heterogenous
2. (Medicine) originating within the body. Compare heterogenous
3. (Biology) originating within the body. Compare heterogenous
4. (Medicine) denoting a vaccine made from bacteria obtained from the patient's own body
5. (Microbiology) denoting a vaccine made from bacteria obtained from the patient's own body
6. self-generated; self-produced
7. (Metallurgy) denoting a weld in which the filler metal and the parent metal are of similar composition
au•tog•e•nous(ɔˈtɒdʒ ə nəs)
also au•to•gen•ic(ˌɔ təˈdʒɛn ɪk)
self-produced, as substances generated in the body.
n. autógeno-a, que se produce en el mismo organismo.