bantamweight(redirected from bantamweights)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A weight division in professional boxing having an upper limit of 118 pounds (53.1 kilograms), between junior bantamweight and junior flyweight.
2. A boxer competing in this weight division.
3. A similar weight division in other sports, such as weightlifting.
4. A contestant in this weight division.
a. a professional boxer weighing 112–118 pounds (51–53.5 kg)
b. an amateur boxer weighing 51–54 kg (112–119 pounds)
c. (as modifier): the bantamweight champion.
2. (Wrestling) a wrestler in a similar weight category (usually 115–126 pounds (52–57 kg))
a boxer or weightlifter intermediate in weight between a flyweight and a featherweight, esp. a professional boxer weighing up to 118 pounds (53 kg).
n → Bantamgewicht nt