Also found in: Medical, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
a. Having no covering over the face.
b. Having no beard.
2. Unrestrainedly bold; brazen. See Synonyms at shameless.
bare′fac′ed·ly (-fā′sĭd-lē, -fāst′lē) adv.
adjbarefacedly adv ˈbareˌfacedness n
1. unconcealed or shameless: a barefaced lie.
2. with the face uncovered or shaven
1. with the face uncovered.
2. shameless; brazen: a barefaced lie.
3. without concealment; boldly open.
|Adj.||1.||barefaced - with no effort to conceal; "a barefaced lie"|
|2.||barefaced - unrestrained by convention or propriety; "an audacious trick to pull"; "a barefaced hypocrite"; "the most bodacious display of tourism this side of Anaheim"- Los Angeles Times; "bald-faced lies"; "brazen arrogance"; "the modern world with its quick material successes and insolent belief in the boundless possibilities of progress"- Bertrand Russell|
unashamed - used of persons or their behavior; feeling no shame