Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
1. The peers of a kingdom considered as a group.
2. Barons considered as a group.
3. The rank or dignity of a baron.
4. A list of barons.
1. (Heraldry) barons collectively
2. (Heraldry) the rank or dignity of a baron
bar•on•age(ˈbær ə nɪdʒ)
1. the entire British peerage, including all dukes, marquesses, earls, viscounts, and barons.
2. Also, barony. the dignity or rank of a baron.
[1250–1300; Middle English < Anglo-French]
Baronage, Baroney, Barondythe whole body of barons collectively.
Example: baronage of heaven [‘angels’], 1340.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||baronage - the peers of a kingdom considered as a group|
peer - a nobleman (duke or marquis or earl or viscount or baron) who is a member of the British peerage