bashing(redirected from bashings)
Also found in: Medical, Encyclopedia.
v. bashed, bash·ing, bash·es
1. To strike with a heavy, crushing blow: The thug bashed the hood of the car with a sledgehammer.
2. To beat or assault severely: The police arrested the men who bashed an immigrant in the park.
3. Informal To criticize (another) harshly, accusatorially, and threateningly: "My point is not to bash teachers or healthcare providers" (Richard Weissbourd).
To engage in harsh, accusatory, threatening criticism.
1. Informal A heavy, crushing blow.
2. Slang A celebration; a party.
1. the act of beating, whipping, or thrashing.
2. a decisive defeat.
3. (used in combination)
a. unprovoked physical assaults against members of a specified group: gay-bashing.
b. verbal abuse, as of a group or a nation: China-bashing.