basophilia(redirected from basophilism)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to basophilism: Cushing pituitary basophilism
1. The affinity of cellular structures for basic dyes, such as methylene blue.
2. An increase in the number of basophils in the circulating blood.
3. An abnormal stippling of red blood cells with basic staining granules.
1. (Pathology) an abnormal increase of basophil leucocytes in the blood
2. (Biology) the affinity of a biological specimen for basic dyes