battle cry(redirected from battle cries)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. A rallying cry uttered in combat, especially while attacking.
2. A slogan used by the proponents of a cause.
1. (Military) a shout uttered by soldiers going into battle
2. a slogan used to rally the supporters of a campaign, movement, etc
1. a cry or shout of troops going into battle.
2. a slogan used to arouse enthusiasm in a contest.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||battle cry - a yell intended to rally a group of soldiers in battle|
|2.||battle cry - a slogan used to rally support for a cause; "a cry to arms"; "our watchword will be `democracy'"|