Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. One who scavenges along beaches or in wharf areas.
2. A seaside vacationer.
beach′comb′ (bēch′kōm′) v.
1. (Professions) a person who searches shore debris for anything of worth, esp a vagrant living on a beach
2. (Professions) Canadian (in British Columbia) a person who is paid for salvaging loose logs and returning them to logging companies
3. (Physical Geography) a long high wave rolling onto a beach
1. a person who lives by gathering salable articles of jetsam, refuse, etc., from beaches.
2. a vagrant who lives on the seashore.
3. a long wave rolling in from the ocean onto the beach.
beachcomber- A long wave rolling in from the sea.
See also related terms for rolling.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||beachcomber - a vagrant living on a beach|