Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial.
1. Resembling or similar to a bear in appearance or manner.
2. Causing, expecting, or characterized by falling prices or declining economic conditions.
1. like a bear; rough; clumsy; churlish
2. (Stock Exchange) stock exchange causing, expecting, or characterized by a fall in prices: a bearish market.
1. like a bear; rough, burly, or clumsy.
2. grumpy or rude.
a. (of a market) declining or tending toward a decline in prices.
b. pessimistic, esp. about general business conditions.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||bearish - expecting prices to fall |
securities market, stock exchange, stock market - an exchange where security trading is conducted by professional stockbrokers
pessimistic - expecting the worst possible outcome