Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Belts considered as a group.
2. The material used to make belts.
3. Slang A beating or thrashing.
1. (Textiles) the material used to make a belt or belts
2. (Clothing & Fashion) belts collectively
3. informal a beating
informal Brit excellent; first-class
1. material for belts.
2. belts collectively.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||belting - the material of which belts are made|
belt - a band to tie or buckle around the body (usually at the waist)
belt - endless loop of flexible material between two rotating shafts or pulleys