Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to bezel: chronograph
1. A slanting surface or bevel on the edge of a cutting tool, such as a chisel.
2. The upper, faceted portion of a cut gem, above the girdle and below the table.
a. A groove or flange designed to hold a beveled edge, as of a gem.
b. A ring that secures the crystal of a watch or chronometer, often rotatable and marked so as to allow timekeeping functions.
4. The frame around a display screen.
1. (Tools) the sloping face adjacent to the working edge of a cutting tool
2. (Jewellery) the upper oblique faces of a cut gem
3. (Jewellery) a grooved ring or part holding a gem, watch crystal, etc
4. (Automotive Engineering) a retaining outer rim used in vehicle instruments, e.g. in tachometers and speedometers
5. (Automotive Engineering) a small indicator light used in vehicle instrument panels
[C17: probably from French biseau, perhaps from Latin bis twice]
1. the diagonal face at the end of the blade of a chisel.
3. a grooved ring or rim holding a gem, watch crystal, etc., in its setting.