Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Consisting of or having two cycles.
2. Botany Composed of or arranged in two distinct whorls, as the petals of a flower.
3. Chemistry Relating to or being a molecule containing two rings, either by a fused or bridged arrangement.
bicyclic(baɪˈsaɪklɪk; -ˈsɪklɪk) or
1. of, forming, or formed by two circles, cycles, etc
2. (Botany) (of stamens, petals, etc) arranged in two whorls
3. (Chemistry) (of a chemical compound) having atoms arranged in two rings fused together with at least two atoms common to each ring: naphthalene is bicyclic.
bi•cy•clic(baɪˈsaɪ klɪk, -ˈsɪk lɪk)
1. Also, bi•cy′cli•cal. consisting of or having two cycles or circles.
2. containing two rings of atoms in a molecule.