Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
1. Happening every two months.
2. Happening twice a month; semimonthly.
1. Once every two months.
2. Twice a month; semimonthly.
n. pl. bi·month·lies
A bimonthly publication. See Usage Note at bi-1.
1. every two months
2. (often avoided because of confusion with sense 1) twice a month; semimonthly. See bi-1
n, pl -lies
(Journalism & Publishing) a periodical published every two months
adj., n., pl. -lies,
1. occurring every two months.
2. occurring twice a month; semimonthly.n.
3. a bimonthly publication.adv.
4. every two months.
5. twice a month; semimonthly.
usage: See bi- 1.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||bimonthly - a periodical that is published twice a month or every two months (either 24 or 6 issues per year)|
|Adj.||1.||bimonthly - occurring twice a month; "a semimonthly publication"|
|2.||bimonthly - occurring every two months; "bimonthly visits"|
|Adv.||1.||bimonthly - twice a month; "salaries are paid semimonthly"|
|2.||bimonthly - every two months; "the bill was payable bimonthly"|