blacktopping


Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Idioms, Encyclopedia.

black·top

 (blăk′tŏp′)
n.
A bituminous material, such as asphalt, used to pave roads.
tr.v. black·topped, black·top·ping, black·tops
To pave with a bituminous material.
ThesaurusAntonymsRelated WordsSynonymsLegend:
Noun1.blacktopping - a black bituminous material used for paving roads or other areasblacktopping - a black bituminous material used for paving roads or other areas; usually spread over crushed rock
paving, paving material, pavement - material used to pave an area
References in periodicals archive ?
The blacktopping work on gewog connectivity (GC) road from Tendruk to Norgaygang (Bara) gewog in Samtse is behind schedule by almost around two years, despite the work being scheduled for completion in April 2016.
According to the Airport Manager Tshueltrim Drakpa, nearly 45% of the second layer of blacktopping has already been finished and the rest 55% of the job will be carried out within a week if the weather does not spoil the game.
CHITRAL -- After a long wait for Garam Chishma dwellers, the blacktopping of lone road leading towards the area was finally inaugurated by MPA Chitral Saleem Khan by unveiling the plaque and properly initiating the construction work on this project of prime importance.
Obaidullah Khan while rejecting blacktopping of the millions cost 14 kilometer road in Chaghorzai from Faiza to Shaheeda Sar has directed the concerned contractor and officers of communication and works department to blacktop the roads again as the blacktop materials were used during winter seasons while as per standard formula it should be used during summer season for long time results.