Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Wikipedia.
1. A social engagement between two persons who have not previously met, usually arranged by a mutual acquaintance.
2. Either of the persons participating in such a social engagement.
1. a social meeting between two people who have not met before
2. either of the persons involved
1. a social appointment or date arranged, usu. by a third person, between two people who have not met.
2. either of the participants in such an arrangement.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||blind date - a participant in a blind date (someone you meet for the first time when you have a date with them)|
|2.||blind date - a date with a stranger; "she never goes on blind dates"|