Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Wikipedia.
1. The side on which one's vision, especially the peripheral vision, is limited or obstructed.
2. The side away from which one is directing one's attention.
1. (Rugby) rugby the side of the field between the scrum and the nearer touchline
2. the side on which a person's vision is obscured
(tr) US to take (someone) by surprise
1. the part of one's field of vision, as to the side or rear, where one cannot see approaching objects.
2. the side opposite that toward which a person is looking.
v.t. -sid•ed, -sid•ing.
1. to hit or attack from the blind side.
2. to attack where a person is vulnerable.
The side of the scrum nearest to touch.