Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Idioms, Wikipedia.
1. Money paid by a killer as compensation to the next of kin of a murder victim.
2. Money gained at the cost of another's life or livelihood.
1. compensation paid to the relatives of a murdered person
2. money paid to a hired murderer
3. a reward for information about a criminal, esp a murderer
1. a fee paid to a hired murderer.
2. compensation paid to the next of kin of a slain person by the slayer or the slayer's relatives.
3. money obtained at a cost of suffering to others.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||blood money - compensation paid to the family of a murdered person|
compensation - something (such as money) given or received as payment or reparation (as for a service or loss or injury)
|2.||blood money - a reward for information about a murderer|
reward - payment made in return for a service rendered
|3.||blood money - paid to a hired murderer|
payment - a sum of money paid or a claim discharged