Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
v. blub·bered, blub·ber·ing, blub·bers
To sob noisily. See Synonyms at cry.
1. To utter while crying and sobbing.
2. To make wet and swollen by weeping.
A loud sobbing.
[Middle English bluberen, to bubble, from bluber, foam.]
1. The thick layer of fat between the skin and the muscle layers of whales and other marine mammals, from which an oil is obtained.
2. Excessive body fat.
3. Any of various large jellyfishes.
Swollen and protruding: blubber cheeks.
[Middle English bluber, foam.]
adj, -ier or -iest
1. of, containing, or like blubber; fat
2. weeping or with the face disfigured by weeping
blub•ber•y(ˈblʌb ə ri)
1. abounding in or resembling blubber; fat.
2. puffy; swollen: blubbery lips.