bobtail(redirected from bobtails)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
1. A short or shortened tail.
2. An animal, such as a horse, having a short or shortened tail.
3. Something that has been cut short or abbreviated.
1. (Breeds) a docked or diminutive tail
2. (Breeds) an animal with such a tail
(Breeds) having the tail cut short
3. (Breeds) to dock the tail of
4. to cut short; curtail
1. a short or docked tail.
2. an animal with such a tail.adj.
3. having a bobtail.
4. cut short; abbreviated.v.t.
5. to cut short the tail of; dock.Also, bob′tailed`.
Past participle: bobtailed
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||bobtail - a short or shortened tail of certain animals|
tail - the posterior part of the body of a vertebrate especially when elongated and extending beyond the trunk or main part of the body
|2.||bobtail - large sheepdog with a profuse shaggy bluish-grey-and-white coat and short tail; believed to trace back to the Roman occupation of Britain|
|Adj.||1.||bobtail - having a short or shortened tail; "bobtail mare"|