Also found in: Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A training camp for military recruits.
2. A correctional method, usually applied to youthful offenders, that employs strict disciplinary techniques and rigorous physical training analogous to those used with military recruits.
3. An intensive training program, as for improving one's physical fitness or skills in a particular subject area.
1. US a basic training camp for new recruits to the US Navy or Marine Corps
2. (Sociology) a centre for juvenile offenders, with a strict disciplinary regime, hard physical exercise, and community labour programmes
a camp for training U.S. Navy or Marine recruits.
|Noun||1.||boot camp - camp for training military recruits|
bivouac, camp, cantonment, encampment - temporary living quarters specially built by the army for soldiers; "wherever he went in the camp the men were grumbling"