Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Marked by or producing abundance: a bountiful harvest; a bountiful land.
2. Giving generously: Nature has been bountiful to the valley's residents.
1. plentiful; ample (esp in the phrase a bountiful supply)
2. giving freely; generous
boun•ti•ful(ˈbaʊn tə fəl)
1. liberal in bestowing gifts or favors; munificent; generous.
2. abundant; ample.
syn: See plentiful.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||bountiful - given or giving freely; "was a big tipper"; "the bounteous goodness of God"; "bountiful compliments"; "a freehanded host"; "a handsome allowance"; "Saturday's child is loving and giving"; "a liberal backer of the arts"; "a munificent gift"; "her fond and openhanded grandfather"|
generous - willing to give and share unstintingly; "a generous donation"
|2.||bountiful - producing in abundance; "the bountiful earth"; "a plentiful year"; "fruitful soil"|
fruitful - productive or conducive to producing in abundance; "be fruitful and multiply"
1. plentiful, generous, lavish, ample, prolific, abundant, exuberant, copious, luxuriant, bounteous, plenteous The land is bountiful and no one starves.