bodacious(redirected from bowdacious)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Remarkable; impressive: "a bodacious amount of smoke" (Springfield MA Morning Union).
2. Sexually attractive. Used chiefly of women.
3. Audacious; gutsy: "Both major studios and small, scruffy independents ... started turning out cheaply made, bodacious, and hyperreal action pictures" (Martha Southgate).
slang chiefly US impressive or remarkable; excellent
[C19: from English dialect; blend of bold + audacious]
adj. Southern U.S.
1. blatant: a bodacious gossip.
2. remarkable: a bodacious story.
3. audacious; brazen.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||bodacious - incorrigible; "a bodacious gossip"|
colloquialism - a colloquial expression; characteristic of spoken or written communication that seeks to imitate informal speech
unmitigated - not diminished or moderated in intensity or severity; sometimes used as an intensifier; "unmitigated suffering"; "an unmitigated horror"; "an unmitigated lie"
|2.||bodacious - unrestrained by convention or propriety; "an audacious trick to pull"; "a barefaced hypocrite"; "the most bodacious display of tourism this side of Anaheim"- Los Angeles Times; "bald-faced lies"; "brazen arrogance"; "the modern world with its quick material successes and insolent belief in the boundless possibilities of progress"- Bertrand Russell|
unashamed - used of persons or their behavior; feeling no shame