Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. Banded or trimmed with brass or a similar metal, such as bronze.
2. Inflexible; rigid: brassbound party loyalists.
3. Bold and impudent; brazen.
inflexibly entrenched: brassbound traditions.
1. having a frame or reinforcements strengthened or made rigid by brass, bronze, etc.: a brassbound trunk.
2. rigid; inflexible: brassbound regulations.
3. impudent; brazen: brassbound presumption.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||brassbound - inflexibly entrenched and unchangeable; "brassbound traditions"; "brassbound party loyalists"; "an ironclad rule"|
inflexible - incapable of change; "a man of inflexible purpose"
|2.||brassbound - having trim or fittings of brass; "a brassbound campaign chest"; "the heavy brassbound door"|
bound - secured with a cover or binding; often used as a combining form; "bound volumes"; "leather-bound volumes"
Firmly, often unreasonably immovable in purpose or will:
adamant, adamantine, die-hard, grim, implacable, incompliant, inexorable, inflexible, intransigent, iron, obdurate, relentless, remorseless, rigid, stubborn, unbendable, unbending, uncompliant, uncompromising, unrelenting, unyielding.
Idiom: stubborn as a mule.