breeder(redirected from breeder bull)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
1. A person who breeds animals or plants.
2. An animal kept to produce offspring.
3. Offensive Slang A heterosexual person.
4. A source or cause: social injustice—a breeder of revolutions.
5. A breeder reactor.
1. (Professions) a person who breeds plants or animals
2. something that reproduces, esp to excess: rabbits are persistent breeders.
3. (Agriculture) an animal kept for breeding purposes
4. a source or cause: a breeder of discontent.
5. (Nuclear Physics) short for breeder reactor
1. an animal, plant, or person that reproduces.
2. a person who raises animals or plants primarily for breeding purposes.
3. Also called breed′er reac`tor. a nuclear reactor in which more fissile material is produced than is consumed.
a. (person) → allevatore/trice
b. (Phys) (also breeder reactor) → reattore m autofertilizzante