Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia.
Related to brokerage: brokerage account, Brokerage Firms, Online Brokerage
1. A firm that acts as a broker, especially in the buying and selling of stocks or other securities.
2. The business of a broker.
3. A fee or commission paid to a broker.
1. (Stock Exchange) commission charged by a broker to his principals
2. (Stock Exchange) a broker's business or office
bro•ker•age(ˈbroʊ kər ɪdʒ)
1. Also, bro′ker•ing. the business of a broker.
2. the commission charged by a broker.
a broker’s fee or commission.See also: Dues and Payment
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||brokerage - a stock broker's business; charges a fee to act as intermediary between buyer and seller|
bucket shop - an unethical or overly aggressive brokerage firm
nondepository financial institution - a financial institution that funds their investment activities from the sale of securities or insurance
|2.||brokerage - the business of a broker; charges a fee to arrange a contract between two parties|
business, business concern, business organisation, business organization, concern - a commercial or industrial enterprise and the people who constitute it; "he bought his brother's business"; "a small mom-and-pop business"; "a racially integrated business concern"
commodity brokerage - a brokerage firm dealing in commodities
|3.||brokerage - place where a broker conducts his business|