Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to browsing: WAP browsing, anonymous browsing
v. browsed, brows·ing, brows·es
a. To inspect something leisurely and casually: browsed through the map collection for items of interest.
b. To read something superficially by selecting passages at random: browsed through the report during lunch.
2. To look for information on the Internet.
3. To feed on leaves, young shoots, and other vegetation; graze.
1. To look through or over (something) casually: browsed the newspaper; browsing the gift shops for souvenirs.
2. To read (websites) casually on the Internet.
a. To nibble; crop.
b. To graze on.
1. Young twigs, leaves, and shoots that are fit for animals to eat.
2. An act of browsing.
[Probably from obsolete French broust, young shoot, from Old French brost, of Germanic origin.]
brows′a·ble (-zə-bəl) adj.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||browsing - reading superficially or at random |
reading - the cognitive process of understanding a written linguistic message; "his main reading was detective stories"; "suggestions for further reading"
|2.||browsing - the act of feeding by continual nibbling|