burbling(redirected from burblingly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. A gurgling or bubbling sound, as of running water.
2. A rapid, excited flow of speech.
3. A separation in the boundary layer of fluid about a moving streamlined body, such as the wing of an airplane, causing a breakdown in the smooth flow of fluid and resulting in turbulence.
intr.v. bur·bled, bur·bling, bur·bles
1. To bubble; gurgle.
2. To speak quickly and excitedly; gush.
[Middle English burblen, to bubble.]
1. the bubbling or gurgling sound of water
2. (Poetry) the bubbling or gurgling sound of water
3. a flow of excited speech
4. making a bubbling or gurgling sound
5. talking in a quick excited manner
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||burbling - uttered with unrestrained enthusiasm; "a novel told in burbly panting tones"|
lively - full of life and energy; "a lively discussion"; "lively and attractive parents"; "a lively party"