Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to capital stock: issued capital stock
1. The total amount of stock authorized for issue by a corporation, including common and preferred stock.
2. The total stated or par value of the permanently invested capital of a corporation.
1. (Accounting & Book-keeping) the par value of the total share capital that a company is authorized to issue
2. (Economics) the total physical capital existing in an economy at any moment of time
1. the total stock authorized or issued by a corporation.
2. the book value of such stock.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||capital stock - the maximum number of shares authorized under the terms of a corporation's articles of incorporation|
stock - the capital raised by a corporation through the issue of shares entitling holders to an ownership interest (equity); "he owns a controlling share of the company's stock"
|2.||capital stock - the book value of the outstanding shares of a corporation|
book value - the value at which an asset is carried on a balance sheet; equals cost minus accumulated depreciation