carbon monoxide poisoning


Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
ThesaurusAntonymsRelated WordsSynonymsLegend:
Noun1.carbon monoxide poisoning - a toxic condition that results from inhaling and absorbing carbon monoxide gas; "carbon monoxide combines with hemoglobin and displaces oxygen in the blood"
cyanosis - a bluish discoloration of the skin and mucous membranes; a sign that oxygen in the blood is dangerously diminished (as in carbon monoxide poisoning)
intoxication, poisoning, toxic condition - the physiological state produced by a poison or other toxic substance
References in periodicals archive ?
Symptoms can often mimic flu or food poisoning, and Scott Darroch, spokesperson for the Gas Safe Register, the register of qualified, legal gas engineers which runs Gas Safety Week, warns: "People with carbon monoxide poisoning might not necessarily put two and two together.
For further information about carbon monoxide poisoning please visit www.
A NEW campaign is underway to alert people to the 'silent killer' - carbon monoxide poisoning.
emergency rooms annually due to carbon monoxide poisoning, which hospitalizes more than 4,000 people each year, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
THREE people died of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at a caravan park yesterday.
THREE people were treated in hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning after they inhaled fumes from a barbecue.
CARBON monoxide poisoning can strike at any time so British Gas is calling on the public to be fully aware of the symptoms.
AKSARAY (CyHAN)- At least 11 people have died due to carbon monoxide poisoning across Turkey in just one week.
Alex Cunningham, left, hopes the campaign, in memory of Hannah Thomas-Jones, 14, who was killed in a Shropshire campsite tragedy, will highlight the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning from barbecues.
AROUND 140 households in Coventry are taking part in a study into the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning.
By GERARD COUZENS IRISH holidaymakers have been evacuated from a Spanish hotel after a tourist died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
HOUSING bosses have been fined pounds 40,000 after a tenant died of carbon monoxide poisoning.