Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to carpool: vanpool
n. also car pool
1. An arrangement whereby several participants or their children travel together in one vehicle, the participants sharing the costs and often taking turns as the driver.
2. A group, as of commuters or parents, participating in a carpool.
v. also car-pool car·pooled, car·pool·ing, car·pools
To travel in a carpool.
To transport by means of a carpool: carpool the children to school.
another term for carshare
n. Also, car′ pool`.
1. an arrangement among automobile owners by which each in turn drives the others to and from a designated place.
2. those included in such an arrangement.v.i.
3. Also, car′-pool`. to form or participate in a carpool.