carpool(redirected from carpooled)
Also found in: Encyclopedia.
n. also car pool
1. An arrangement whereby several participants or their children travel together in one vehicle, the participants sharing the costs and often taking turns as the driver.
2. A group, as of commuters or parents, participating in a carpool.
v. also car-pool car·pooled, car·pool·ing, car·pools
To travel in a carpool.
To transport by means of a carpool: carpool the children to school.
another term for carshare
n. Also, car′ pool`.
1. an arrangement among automobile owners by which each in turn drives the others to and from a designated place.
2. those included in such an arrangement.v.i.
3. Also, car′-pool`. to form or participate in a carpool.